In this article we will guide you how Install Rhythmbox 3.3 in Ubuntu 15.10 and its derivatives.
Rhythmbox, Ubuntu’s default music player, has reached the 3.3 release recently. It brings new plugin supporting Android devices via gvfs-mtp. Encoding settings are now configurable per device type, and it can force lossless files to be transcoded.
Rhythmbox also brings translation updates and following bug-fixes:
- While extracting music from CDs, information in the “Year” field is lost
- Typos in documentation
- audioscrobbler: Fix displaying icon for libre.fm
- JSON import errors
- Sync Preferences Missing
- iradio: remove Radio GFM
- [PATCH] data: Add various mod files as supported MIME types
- Don’t handle RTL icons manually for GTK+ >= 3.12
- error: conflicting types for ‘rhythmdb_metadata_cache_purge’
- crash when adding files found during startup scan
- hangs after handling mod/xm/it (modplug) file when crossfade is enabled
- Freezing with crossfade backend and Pulseaudio with GStreamer 1.6.x
- commit 85c185d breaks compilation with -Wl,-as-needed
- Album-Art caching issue
- Rhythmbox 3.3 with alternative toolbar plugin
(rhythmbox 3.3 with alternative toolbar plugin)
To Install or Upgrade Rhythmbox 3.3 in Ubuntu:
David mohammed release new PPA that available for Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T and run the following command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox
2. To upgrade rhythmbox 3.3 via Software Updater, or run below commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
3.If you want downgrade to the stock version of Rhythmbox in Ubuntu, use ppa-purge:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox
4. Rhythmbox 3.3 with alternative toolbar plugin