Mimikittenz is a post-exploitation powershell tool that utilizes the Windows function ReadProcessMemory() in order to extract plain-text passwords from various target processes.
mimikittenz can also easily extract other kinds of juicy info from target processes using regex patterns including but not limited to:
- TRACK2 (CreditCard) data from merchant/POS processes
- PII data
- Encryption Keys & All the other goodstuff
Note:This tool is targeting running process memory address space, once a process is killed it’s memory ‘should’ be cleaned up and inaccessible however there are some edge cases in which this does not happen.
The aim of mimikittenz is to provide user-level (non-admin privileged) sensitive data extraction in order to maximise post exploitation efforts and increase value of information gathered per target.
Currently mimikittenz is able to extract the following credentials from memory:
- Outlook Web
- Juniper SSL-VPN
- Citrix NetScaler
- Remote Desktop Web Access 2012
- Microsoft Onedrive
- AWS Web Services
- Custom regex – The syntax for adding custom regex is as follows:
- Custom target process – Just append your target proccess name into the array: