Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
Changes on Kodi 14.
Bug and fixes on the new release of kodi.
- Bump FFmpeg to 2.4.4
- Fix problem with setting content on new and existing video sources
- Fix spinner in video settings for choosing hardware or software decoding
- Fix recording history in PVR
- Separate sort order in PVR window for each directory
- Fix PVR preview video scaling for AMLCodec on Android
- Fix restart option on Win 8.1
- Fix crashes on certain Intel GPU when playing video
- Fix crashes on certain videos on Android 5.0 devices (Nexus Player and ADT-1)
- Fix LPCM (audio/L16) streaming via UPnP
- Use correct art type when appending art to item lists
- Fix python PIL package on Windows that caused crash on weather add-on
- Updated GUI translation files
The release can be found on our official download page “Kodi Download” the page contains our release candidate builds and our nightly builds for the Helix release.
To install Kodi 14.0 “Helix” in Ubuntu 14.10 and Linux Mint 17
1. Open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and execute the following commands below in the Terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-pvr* kodi-audioencoder*
and your done enjoy using Kodi.