In this article we will guide you How to Install Nvidia Driver 346.59 on Ubuntu via PPA, NVdia release the new graphics driver for linux the “NVDIA 346.59” with new improvements and updates, it added support for the following GPU’s GeForce 900 series notebook GPU’s. like GeForce 920M, 930A, 930M, 940M, GTX 950M, GTX 960M. Also GTX TITAN X, Quadro K1200, M6000 GPUs
Bug and Fixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption when switching display modes in some applications that use transform feedback.
- Fixed a bug that caused texture corruption on framebuffer depth attachments cleared using glClearTexImage().
- Fixed a bug that artificially limited the maximum pixel clock on displays in some SLI Mosaic configurations.
- Fixed a kernel memory leak that occurred when looping hardware- accelerated video decoding with VDPAU on Maxell-based GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash on exit on 32-bit Linux systems.
You can now install NVIDIA 346.59 via PPA, and its already release into PPA Repository and now available for Ubunutu 14.10 and Ubuntu 15.04
1. To install open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run the following commands on terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mamarley/nvidia
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-346
For ubuntu and other luinux distribution you can download the new stable Linux graphics driver update at Nvidia Website: