The bluefish 2.2.0 Release is out last November 25, 2011.
Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdesigners, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code, Bluefish Release 2.2 does not have yet an official PPA, but if you can use an unofficial PPA of Klaus Vormweg’s.
New changes in Bluefish 2.2 release.
- Bluefish now works with gtk-3 (gtk-2 is still supported), and the syntax scanner had a major overhaul to make it faster, which is especially noticeable when working on large files.
- New search and replace function, the simple search function is now integrated in the main window, and the new function supports both search and replace in files on disk
- Toggle comment function that is context-aware
- Auto completion of user-defined functions
- Jump function that will bring you immediately the the definition of a function.
- Support for new languages has been added such as Google Go, Vala and Ada
1. To Install Bluefish 2.2.0 with GTK Support in Ubuntu 11.10
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:klaus-vormweg/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bluefish
2. You can now open Bluefish on Dash
[singlepic id=64 w=504 h=250 float=]
[singlepic id=65 w=1282 h=721 float=]
Visit the Web Developer site for more info: Bluefish