The BackBox Linux Team has just announced that their penetration testing distribution’s 2.01 version has been released and is available to download on their official download link. The size of the ISO is 917,7 MB.
The new release features the system upgrade of Ubuntu 11.04, Linux Kernel 2.6.38 and Xfce 4.8.0. Aside from that they also added new sections such as Forensic Analysis, Documentation & Reporting and Reverse Engineering and updated tools like dradis 2.8, ettercap 0.7.4.2, john 1.7.8, metasploit 4.2, nmap 5.51, set 2.5.2, sleuthkit 3.2.1, w3af 1.0, weevely 0.5, wireshark 1.6.3, etc.
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 4.4 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive or USB port